Reagan Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 19, 2010

This Week Wasn't Any Better

It appears that this week wasn't any better for me. Well, maybe it was just yesterday. Yesterday was the worst. Monday went ok then Tuesday the people from the nursing home where Zac's grandmother, Bob, lives called. (Side note: We call her Bob. Yeah its strange but apparently neither Zac or Christina could call her what she wanted to be called so they just stuck with Bob.) Well, the nursing home people said they found her that morning unresponsive. It was almost like she was in a coma. She has had Parkinson's for years now and the doctors say she was in her last phase of the disease. So, all the family comes in to say their good byes. By the time I got there she had kind of snapped out it and was talking and responding to questions. To make a long story short, she hung on until Thursday night. She is in a much better place now and isn't suffering like she was here with us.

Wednesday was ok too but then here comes Thursday.
  • I had a doctor appointment at 8:30 that morning. Of course, I was running a little late. As I was driving through Moody at my normal pace, I got a ticket. Great. Did I mention I was running late already? So, now I've got to wait on this nice officer to write me a ticket so I can be even later. Great. Great start to my day. I was so upset about the ticket I cried all the way to the hospital. I was literally still wiping tears as I was getting out of the car in the parking deck. I managed at one point to pull it together to call my Daddy, sort of. He said he would call the police chief and see if there was anything he could do. Now, don't get me wrong, I was not trying to get out of the ticket all together. I was raised to admit when you screwed up and face the consequences. Which is what I was doing. I really just wanted him to find out how much it was going to be. And just for the record I most certainly do not call my daddy to bail me out of things. I do call and talk to him if I had a bad day but I don't expect him to rescue me for something I did wrong. And I will admit I am spoiled but not to that degree. So anyway, I called the police chief and he said he would see what he could work out with the judge. I still have to go to court on April 8th but hopefully they will just let me go to driving school. I'll keep you posted on that.
  • Thankfully my Dr. visit went fine, sort of. I gained 5 lbs since the last time I was there. That is in a 3 week span. She said it wasn't too bad because for total weight I am still under. Thank you Jesus! My stomach is measuring 29 cm. She said that was a little big but as long as it wasn't more than 3 cm off of whatever week I am it is ok. Yesterday I was 27 1/2 weeks.
  • As I am leaving the doctor the real estate company calls and wants to show our house TODAY (thursday) at 2. Good right? Wrong!! Our house was not in showing condition. It had been 2 weeks since we had anybody come look at it so we had let a few things go. Also, Zac had just gotten home from work at 6:30 am. They called at 9:30 am. Which means he got a total of 3 hours of sleep. I was supposed to go work but I had to call and tell them I wouldn't be in until later. So, now that is 2 days this week that I have only worked half a day. Which is fine except for yesterday b/c another girl was on vacation and that only left 2 people in the office total if I wasn't there. I felt terrible about it but I really had no choice.
  • When I finally get to work it is crazy. Then Zac calls later and says that Bob has gotten even worse. Which we all knew she wasn't going to get any better but still it just made this horrible Thursday even worse. Later that night he called again and said she had finally passed. This was the worst Thursday on record for me. I hope I don't have anymore like them.
But, today isn't over yet. Hopefully it will go a little smoother than yesterday. Needless to say I've got a lot of stress right now. I hope it will go away soon b/c I don't want it to effect Reagan any. I've heard you can go into pre-term labor b/c of stress so let's pray that doesn't happen.

On a happier note: my first shower is a week away, almost! Yea! I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Sorry to hear about Zac's grandmother. :( But I had to comment because I had a "Dan" for a grandmother. :)
Same situation - the first grandchild's attempt to say "Gran" came out "Dan" so...8 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren later she was always "Dan" :)