Reagan Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Reagan and Carter's First Vacation!

We had a blast at the beach last week!  We had a 2 bed/2 bath condo on Okaloosa Island in Ft Walton.  Its a little bit away from the busy Destin but it was still a great trip.  It was so quite and peaceful.  There weren't many people there at all.  Probably just because school has started back and all.  We left on Friday afternoon and headed south.  Me, Zac, Reagan, Granddaddy, MiMi, Chelsea, Carter and Rachael.  We had to leave a little later because Zac worked the night before and he needed to sleep some before the long journey.  It took us a little over 5 hours to get there.  We had to stop once so Reagan could eat but it only took about 30 mins.  She did so good on the car ride.  She slept most of the time.  Once we got past Eglin AFB she decided she had been in the car seat enough and wanted to be out.  But other than that she did great!  Carter did really great too!  He slept some too but he had entertainment in the back with him so that helped.  We got there at about 6 that night and had to get in the room then GO EAT!  Which is the 2nd most important thing to do at the beach.  The first being the beach itself.  It was Rachael's b-day so we let her choose where to eat but it was too late to go into Destin so we settled with Floyds.  It was really good though. 

Getting ready to go!

We had to stop and eat

Carter "driving" Granddaddy's truck when we stopped

Look we made it!

Zac and Reagan on the balcony.

Zac, Reagan, Chelsea, Carter and I had planned on coming home on Tuesday.  Zac had to work and Chelsea had class.  But, at the last minute my dad talked me and Reagan into staying.  I wanted to stay but then again I didn't want Zac to go and be home alone.  Silly me, he probably wanted some alone time after the trip!  It was hard to see them all go though.  We vowed that next year we would all have to stay the entire time because your not supposed to cry on vacation.  Ha!

Before everybody left we did get a day to spend with out the babies.  Thank you Mimi and Granddaddy! We hit up the outlet mall, played some miniature golf, and of course rode some go-carts!  We all had a blast even though it was 1 million degrees!  And let me just say that I am so glad we go to the beach close to my b-day because I don't know what I would do with out our annual trip to the Coach outlet!  And they were having a sale this time too!!

Ready to go shopping!

We did take Reagan out to the beach and the pool everyday but we waited until the afternoon when it wasn't as hot.  She slept on the beach mainly but it was fine with me.  A couple of days we walked on the beach to pick up shells and I did see one little tar ball.  It was about the size of a quarter.  Only one though so no big deal.  There were a few BP people there picking up stuff real early in the morning but that one was the only thing I saw. 

Oh and I almost forgot the most exciting event that took place while we were there!  At about 5 am on Sunday Zac and I got up to feed Reagan.  Now normally this is a 30 min process and every body goes right back to sleep for about 4 more hours.  Well not this morning!  As I was feeding her the fire alarm started going off.  We thought at first that it was the smoke detectors in our condo.  Oh no!  It was the entire complex!  And it was freakin loud!  I was sure it was a false alarm but I wasn't going to find out with my baby in my arms!  I grabbed Reagan, her bottle and my flip flops and was in the parking lot before the rest of my family got there. Thank god I had already put my pajama pants on!  It was crazy.  There were lights flashing and the most horrible beeping noise you've ever heard.  Zac called the fire dept. and they came and checked everything out.  We heard one of them say "Clear!" and that was all it took.  Back up we went for a few more hours of sleep.  We never found out what happened though.  All in all it was about 6 when we got back to the room.  Not too bad for me anyway because I'm used to being up.  Here is a little picture of the fire truck.  Its kind of hard to see but all we had were cell phone cameras.

Needless to say we had a fabulous time.  We can't wait to go back next year when Reagan is older.  Here are a few more pics of our trip.

Big waves on this day.

Crabby but Cute!

Reagan's first airbrushed shirt!

Sandy baby toes :)

Its hard to see but its her footprint in the sand.

No comments: