Reagan Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

A Natural Disaster

I feel like I should apologize to anyone who has plans to go to the beach or eat any type of seafood for the next few months. This oil spill in the gulf is totally our fault. We made plans to go to the beach this year on vacation 3 weeks ago. Last week, oil spill. You may think I'm crazy but I really think we cause natural disasters in the gulf. Not George Bush, me and Zac. See, every time we plan a vacation to the beach a hurricane comes through and destroys everything a month or so before we come. This time it just happens to be an oil spill. Hurricane, oil spill, whatever. I have compiled a list to prove it, somewhat.

2004 - Beach vacation - Hurricane Ivan
2005 - Beach vacation - Hurricane Dennis and Katrina, a total of 15 hurricanes that year
2006 - Honeymoon in Vegas - not one freakin storm
2007 - Vegas vacation for Alesha and Jason's wedding - not one freakin storm
2008 - Beach vacation with the family - Hurricane Fay, Gustav, and Ike
2009 - This is the only exception I can find - no vacation - Hurricane Claudette and Ida.

It has really become quite hilarious for us. It wasn't until this weekend that we put our beach trip and the oil spill together. Oh and just in case you have doubts about the dates I can produce photos from all these trips.

So, again I apologize for the inconvenience it has or will cause any of you. Hopefully, the oil won't effect our coast as much as Louisiana's but we will all be missing some good seafood for a while. We are really sorry!!

No comments: