Reagan Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lesson Learned

Ok, so here is my lesson for the week, month, rest of the year and the rest of my life. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, put anything in Wal-Mart bags unless you purchased it at Wal-Mart! Over the last 2 weeks I have done a great job at loosing things that I put into Wal-Mart bags. I lost my entire checking account when I ran in Wal-Mart to grab something real quick. I just grabbed my debit card and keys while I was on the phone. Well apparently, after I bought my so needed items I just dropped my debit card into the bag. The next morning, on my birthday none the less, I went to my favorite breakfast place to get my favorite breakfast item (for my birthday) and my debit card was nowhere to be found. So, not knowing what happened to it I called it in lost. When I got home that afternoon I found it in the Wal-Mart bag. So, the whole weekend and first part of last week I had no access to my checking account. I finally got my new debit card on Wed. Thank goodness! Ok lesson learned, right, not so fast.

The same week/weekend that I "lost" my debit card, I had gone once again to Wal-Mart. This time after I purchased my items I got cash back. Well, here we go again, I just threw it down in the bag b/c I was in a hurry and left. That night I just left everything in the bags for the next night. Well the next night came and I was getting everything ready. Zac asked me what he could do to help and I asked him to get the chips and stuff out of the Wal-Mart bags but I said there is $40 in the bag with the chips so don't throw it away. The night came and went and so did the weekend. On Monday this past week I remembered that $40 and wondered what had come of it. I asked Zac what he had done with it. He said he didn't touch the bag b/c he didn't want to loose the cash in it. Now, I admit totally that I have a hard time remembering things. My short term memory is horrible. So, I couldn't remember if I had gotten the money out when I took the chips out. Apparently I didn't. Zac (bless his heart) went out to the garbage can and dug threw it until he found my Wal-Mart bag with my $40 in it. Please keep in mind that in this garbage can was all weekend trash and we had friends over on Friday night. So it was a good bit of trash. Thanks to Zac for digging through trash to help me! Lesson learned this time!! Promise!! No more putting things in Wal-Mart bags unless they were actually bought at Wal-Mart!

No comments: